Transfer Students

The U-M Office of Undergraduate Admissions handles transfers for the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts and the College of Engineering. For information about transferring to other U-M schools and colleges, please contact their admissions representatives directly.

A successful U-M transfer student to the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts:

  • Is in good academic and social standing at his/her prior institution.
  • Has a distinguished record of college work, earning a cumulative GPA of at least a B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better.
  • Has earned sophomore or junior standing (preferably) with transferable credit earned at a community college or another two- or four-year college or university.

A successful U-M transfer student to the College of Engineering will have completed prerequisite courses at their current school with a minimum GPA. GPA requirements vary by department and may change at any time. Non-native speakers of English must provide proof of English proficiency.

Requirements & Deadlines
Review all our admission requirements and deadlines.
Transfer Credit
In order for your course work to be considered transferable to the University of Michigan, it must meet these certain criteria.
Community College Students
Resources for Community College Students wishing to transfer to U-M.
Find Your Counselor
Transfer students are assigned admissions counselors based on the first letter of their last name.

With more than 1,400 student groups on campus, there are endless opportunties and events that allow you to meet other students with similar interests.