Join us for a 75-minute walking tour of our Central Campus neighborhood, led by one of our current U-M student tour guides.
All in-person visits are by appointment only. Due to strict tour capacities, registration is required and walk-ins cannot be accommodated. In the event of cancellations or if additional dates become available, the registration page will be updated to accurately reflect tour availability.
While we look forward to engaging with you in person, for your health and safety, if you are not vaccinated or unable to be vaccinated, we encourage you to delay your attendance.
As we offer campus tours on a limited basis, we encourage any non-rising seniors to explore our virtual resources instead of registering for a campus tour. This consideration will allow more space for 2022 graduates who are working on a more condensed timeline in their college search. Your understanding is greatly appreciated, and we look forward to expanding campus tour access as soon as possible.
Things to Know Before You Register
- Your party cannot exceed three total people from the same household.
- You must maintain at least six feet of distance from those outside your household throughout your visit.
- "Masks are currently required to enter all UM campus buildings. In addition, you will be required to complete a ResponsiBlue health screening prior to or upon your arrival.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your tour is scheduled to begin, your tour will have departed and you will be provided a self-guided walking tour map.
Before You Arrive on Campus
The health and safety of our visitors, students, and staff is our highest priority. The following information will be helpful to know prior to your visit:
- Before coming to campus, please review our health procedures and protocols. These protocols are required even if visitors have been fully vaccinated.
- Stay home if you are sick: Do not come to campus if you are ill, believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, or if you have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days.
- Wear a mask: All guests are required to mask when inside campus buildings, and highly encouraged to mask during the entirety of your visit.
- Physically distance: Plan to maintain at least six feet from other individuals not in your party, including U-M staff and Admissions tour guides, at all times.
- Wash your hands: Please wash your hands and practice good hygiene. Hand sanitizer will be available at check-in.
- Tours will be led by current U-M students, and may be stopped at the discretion of the tour guide if proper protocols are not being followed.
What can we expect on the tour?
The tour will be led by current student tour guides and will last approximately 75 minutes. Guests must stay with their tour guide at all times, and may only enter buildings included as a part of the tour route.
Will the tour include a residence hall or dining hall?
Residence and dining halls are currently closed to visitors due to university, local, and/or state public health regulations.
Can I bring more than two guests?
Due to university policy, registered students are only permitted to bring a maximum of two guests. We are not able to make exceptions to the guest capacity, tour capacity, or the late arrival policy. Parties with more than three total guests will be asked to reschedule or provided with a self-guided walking tour map.
Can I speak with an Admissions representative while on campus before or after my tour?
We are not currently able to offer any in-person Admissions advising. We encourage you to attend one of our Q&A sessions led by one of our admissions counselors following your tour.
What other Admissions or visit options are available?
Current visitor policy varies greatly across campus units and departments. Please contact the office or academic unit you wish to meet with before making plans to come to campus.
If you are unable to come to campus, you can take a Virtual Tour.