If you were previously enrolled at U-M in good standing but your attendance was interrupted, lapsed, or discontinued and you wish to enroll again, you must apply for re-admission to the school or college in which you were enrolled.

Because the procedures for re-admission vary among the schools and colleges, your best course is to visit each directly:

College of Engineering
College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
College of Pharmacy
Dental Hygiene
Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy
Penny W. Stamps School of Art and Design
School of Education
School of Information
School of Kinesiology
School of Music, Theatre & Dance
School of Nursing
School of Public Health
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning

At each school or college you will find information about requirements for re-admission and help from advisors.

If you are academically ineligible to return, you must first petition in writing for reinstatement well in advance of the desired registration period. Please check dates and deadlines at your school or college, then send your letter of petition directly to it.

Be sure that your petition includes dates of attendance as well as factors contributing to dismissal. You need to make a case for why you wish to continue your studies and how you will overcome any previous challenges that made it difficult for you to finish.

Important Dates
Feb 1

Application Deadline