If you have attended any institution of higher education (on any basis, for any length of time) following graduation from high school, you will need to apply as a transfer applicant and submit official transcripts from all of the colleges that you have attended. If you are admitted to U-M, you can choose whether to use your previous colleges' credit to satisfy graduation requirements from the University of Michigan.

The University of Michigan Office of Undergraduate Admissions handles transfers for the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts and the College of Engineering. For information about transferring to other U-M schools and colleges, please contact their Admissions representatives directly.

Learn More at a Virtual Transfer Spotlight

Students interested in learning more about transferring to U-M are invited to register for a Virtual Transfer Spotlight session to learn about admissions requirements and speak with current student(s).

Register to attend a Virtual Transfer Spotlight